Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Big month


So... Big week, well month actually. I'm not going to go into detail about all the recent protest activity here since I've blogged extensively on the topic for Državljanska odgovornost, but let me just say that I was a nervous wreck all week thinking about how things will work out on friday's big protests, and all I can say now is that it couldn't have gone better. Appart from that, I was nervous because of my show with the one and only Klemen Klemen, Slovenia's greatest hiphop artist of all time. Our background and musical style is so different that the idea of putting us on stage together seemed just crazy enough to work out. And it worked out surprisingly wel. The audience was really intense and the vibe was amazing. Such an honor to play with one of my musical heroes!
The following day was masquerade Saturday, one of my favorite holidays (although I was too exhausted to think up a good costume and just went as myself). Me and the Safari team deejayed in Nova Gorica, close to the Italian border. Host dj Nicus Pocus put together an absolutely amazing party! I've never seen any club put so much effort into decor! It was a good night and well worth the long drive through the snow.
Looking back, this weekend is already a blur... so many different things happened that don't really fit together; from the cold and intense atmosphere of the street protests, to being on stage with Klemen and then deejaying for hundreds of amazing costumed freaks. It kind of sums up this whole winter though...It's been cold and snowy and harsh, but also stirring with energy, conversation, new ideas and music. I'm looking forward to what will happen next.

Here are some pics:

People gathering in front of the parliament (photo by Aleš Rosa)
Me and Wein playing at one of the Protestival events in December (photo by Aleš Rosa)
Me and Wein playing at one of the Protestival events in December (photo by Aleš Rosa)
Me and Klemen for MMC (photo by Miloš Ojdanić)
 Me and Klemen for MMC (photo by Miloš Ojdanić)
With Klemen Klemen in Gala Hala (photo by Aleš Rosa)
With Klemen Klemen and DJ SSF in Gala Hala (photo by Aleš Rosa)
With Klemen Klemen and DJ SSF in Gala Hala (photo by Aleš Rosa)
Satisfied after the show: Klemen, Ballau, SSF, me (photo by Aleš Rosa)
DJing at masquerade party in Mostovna, Nova Gorica (photo: Igor Vuk)
PlankTon at masquerade party in Mostovna Nova Gorica (photo Blaž Turk)
Kaki at masquerade party in Mostovna Nova Gorica (photo Blaž Turk)
Nikus Pokus at masquerade party in Mostovna Nova Gorica (photo Blaž Turk)





No comments:

Post a Comment